• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

At Least It's Not Monday

Thanks for the information yesterday, Internet. If you come up with anything new please let me know. I want to get as much information as I can because, as I'm sure you can imagine, the last thing I want to do is jump into more graduate school without thinking. Even though if I choose to do this it will take me a while to get there (GREs, prerequisite classes), I'm still pretty good at making a plan without thinking and executing the plan without thinking.

A friend visited for the weekend. W
e went to the Hirshhorn Museum, an obscure band's show at a coffee shop, and saw my nudist neighbor partially naked. It's almost boring at this point!

I also took my second cooking course on Sunday: Artisan Bread Making. It wasn't nearly as good as the Chinese food class. The instructor for that class was lively and patient, and the students were pretty much on the same page as far as level of experience went. The bread making class was mostly older people who had been trying to make bread for some time. It made me nervous to even touch my dough (which I was mostly wearing by the end of the night because it was sticking to me so much).

We made rosemary focaccia, challah, french bread, and sticky buns. I don't remember focaccia I've ever had being salty, but this was super salty. Also we used big electric mixers to stir the dough (which I certainly don't have/can't afford). Guess I shouldn't switch to making my own bread any time soon.

My family is at the beach without me. I thought I'd be able to go, but that was earlier in the summer when I was still unemployed. Now I'm a working lady, so no week long vacations for me yet. How does my family comfort me even though I'm missing out? By sending me camera phone pictures of the beach and the house where they're staying, of course!

Happy Tuesday, because it's better than Monday.


1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I suck at making bread. I have a chef friend who is DIVINE at it. I guess this is a good thing because there are few things in this life as really good homemade bread. YUM

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home