• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, September 08, 2006

 

The Greatest Show On Earth


So, it's been a little insane. But this time it's really not my fault.

Yesterday morning I get a call from my mother. She's sobbing, hysterical, completely inconsolable. I can barely make out what she's saying. I figure that she's going to tell me that one of the cats died.

No, she's a mess because she can't find her best jewelery.

After many "calm down"'s and "I'm sure you just hid them somewhere" she still wouldn't listen. I mean, come on, what's more likely... that my mother hid her things and can't remember where she put them? Or that very sly, neat, and crafty thieves crept completely undetected in my parent's quiet, suburban home? Obviously it's the thieves, right?

Don't worry, after a little lock changing and police report filing she found them. There's a chance I'm not related, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Penguin said...

*snicker* Sorry, that was funny.
Does your Mom do this often? I hope not.
I'm glad there were no crafty theives involved.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

HA HA HA HA. I feel like I can laugh only because I feel your pain. I just listened to my father completely freak out because he is convinced that his satan-possessed dog, Pepper, has an EATING DISORDER FUELED BY BOREDOM.

Your mom and my dad should knit together or something.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

Does she freak out often? YES YES YES
Does she often call the police due to freak-outs? No, that was a new development.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home