• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

It's Always Darkest Before...


I'm feeling a number of strange and disjointed feelings that don't match. I think I just have a lot on my mind.

I've been really thrown by the news lately; it's just so sick. A 5th girl died from the shooting at an Amish school in Pennsylvania where, if you haven't heard, the gunmen let the boys go, tied up the little girls in a line, and shot them execution style. In national news we have a Republic Representative who makes sexual advances on very young and much less powerful boys. And closer to home, a young woman was murdered who went to my university.

It seems like too much lately. And last night my main concern was watching The Bachelor in Rome. It's a ridiculous reality show where the women all attack for the attention of one man and say things like, "I've got the secret weapon right here," while looking down at their enormous breasts that are bigger than my head.

The news and reality tv, both aimed at capturing or imitating reality, seem nothing like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home