• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Good news for people who love good news


I've mentioned before that I was in a co-ed service fraternity in college. In this group you have big brothers and sisters (referred to simply as "bigs") who act as mentors and help welcome you (this service fraternity is very different from a social fraternity, we had parties and social events... but it really wasn't Animal House).

I had three bigs, one of them I clicked with particularly well. She's the one who inspired me to go to law school and follow in her footsteps (I don't hold a grudge!). She got me my first internship. And a few times when I've visited family up north I made it a point to visit her as well.

Yesterday she got engaged! She's been dating her now fiance for a couple of years; he was also a member of the same service fraternity but he graduated even a few more years before I even got there. My friend just graduated from law school in May, and her new fiance graduated from Harvard law one or two years ago... they're so fancy I could puke!

But really, I'm very excited because while I've known people who have gotten married, people I've been friends with at different times, this is the first time for me that someone I would call a good friend is getting married.

She told me once before that she didn't want to get married or have kids, so hopefully he didn't use some sort of mind-altering drug on her. I'm psyched for them, and I really hope I get an invite to the wedding!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home