• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, February 09, 2007

 

The Fanciest Dinner I Will Ever Have

First, I can't figure out why I'm so shocked by Anna Nicole Smith's death! I had to keep refreshing the news websites just to make sure that it wasn't a hoax. It's wild!

But in other news, I was feeling like a celebrity this week. It was my boyfriend's parents' anniversary, and instead of going on a mini vacation they decided to go to one of the best places to eat in the world - The Inn at Little Washington.

Not only that, we didn't sit in the dining room with everyone else. They had reserved the best table in the house, the kitchen table! When they opened the doors for us that lead into the kitchen, all of the chefs were standing at attention until we were seated. The head chef came out to shake our hands and greet us. Gregorian chants were playing and bounced around the church-like ceiling. It really felt like walking into a sacred place, and the chefs were intense!

Describing it doesn't really do any good, because when I heard about it beforehand I still didn't get it. Pictures won't do it justice, either... but I have to post them (just a sample... There were four courses between six people and I took photos of everything). It was an enchanting night. It probably also completely counteracted my hard work at the gym Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday morning as well as my light eating habits. But it was a once in a lifetime opportunity (no, it really was, the kitchen table alone cost $300... not including any food or drink).
The front of the Inn.

My Carpaccio of Herb Crusted Baby Lamb with Tabouli and Rosemary Mustard. I ate quite a few baby animals... don't judge! Once in a lifetime opportunity!!

My Macaroni and Cheese with Virginia Ham and White Truffles - very awesome!

Painter's Palette of Homemade Sorbets - beautiful!


My Dessert - Chocolate Mint Fantasy: Mint Ice Cream Festooned with Chocolate Streamers


The sitting area where we waited before the kitchen was ready for us.


And, what my boyfriend described as - awesomely creepy Rococo monkey murals.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home