• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

Desperate


I am so PIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!!

Tuesday night boyfriend took me to a little Italian restaurant near us that we'd never been to (not on Valentine's Day because he had to do something for work Wednesday night). Well he lucked out. We've had some snow, lots of sleet, and it all turned to ice. His work was canceled Wednesday (and it's still canceled today! WTF). Mine was not (and isn't today either), but lots of people didn't show up anyway. I had to cover for lots of people and I was incredibly busy the entire day. Boo!

When I got home from work he'd gotten me peach colored roses, a book I'd been wanting to read and some chocolates. I gave him the new Bloc Party CD, an iTunes gift card, and then began to make some FONDUE.

I think I'd said that I'd never made fondue before, but the recipes I found were simple enough. The scariest party was lighting the Sterno can to put in my centuries old fondue pot that I bought 2 summers ago at a yard sale.

The cheese turned out delicious! Who needs the Melting Pot!? I cut up a loaf of French bread, Pumpernickel, some golden delicious apples, and carrots. I used sharp cheddar for the cheese dip.

The chocolate turned out fine, not knock-your-socks-off fantastic, but pretty good. I was so full at that point from devouring over 8 oz. of cheese with boyfriend that I couldn't eat much of it. I used milk chocolate (his favorite) and we dipped bananas, strawberries, pound cake, brownies, and graham crackers in the pot.

Oh, did I mention that because boyfriend had a snow day yesterday and it was Valentine's Day that I decided I deserved a day off from the gym? Did I mention that we went out to dinner Tuesday and then stuffed ourselves with fondue (a dieter's worst nightmare) Wednesday night? I went to the gym this morning; it was hell on Earth. I mostly fast-walked because I couldn't stand running. I wish I could use the elliptical machine instead of the treadmill, but that machine is always the first to be taken.

I weighed myself right before my shower. Do you want to guess? No, of course you don't... because the results are too horrible to imagine! For the last 1.5 weeks of working out, of incorporating Slim Fast into every breakfast and lunch, I've GAINED TWO POUNDS!

I have lost absolutely nothing, my endurance isn't getting any better, and I'm really getting disappointed and losing my drive. I was having a hard time accepting that I hadn't lost any weight yet, but when I woke up this morning with two additional pounds, I just couldn't believe it. Maybe it's better to be a little plump around the edges. What do I have to do to lose weight!?!! Maybe now that all this Valentine's/chocolate/dining out business is done with I'll be fine and I should just chill out.... maybe...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Ug.

I had to track everything I ate to kick start weight loss. I went pretty hard core for the first month (Not starving just NO sugar, whole grains, and blah).

I am trying for a specific goal very fast, though (Only 6 weeks to go). I plan on easing up after that, but still working hard to run a 5 k in June. Right now it feels like THAT will never happen.

I highly doubt that the two pounds will stay on, though. You never know what affects gain like that and 2 lbs in a week is a lot. I bet it goes away. DON"T GIVE UP.

Try sparkpeople.com. I love it, it tracks everything, it's free and they have loads of good articles.

P.S.

Now I want fondue, dammit.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Seredne said...

thanks for the support! it is VERY much appreciated!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Penguin said...

I can so relate. Even when I was walking 2 hours a day, eating no more than 1800 calories a day - and real food, too - in 6 months I gained 20 pounds!
I agree with Loralee, don't give up. Something has got to get jumpstarted! Just don't let anyone tell you that you need to eat less than necessary and exercise to the point of exhaustion.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

As always, Penguin's advice rocks.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

get this, guys... I went in for a physical this week and the doctor told me my ideal healthy weight is 115-149. I'm pretty tall; if I weighed 115, I'd be dead.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home