• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

 

How Do People Do It?

Working out and waking up your body after 20-something years of slack and laziness is a difficult thing.

Days I've gone to the gym include last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and yesterday and today. I wake up from my warm, comfortable bed at 6am and haul my ass down to the gym (looking a little rough, might I add) where I sweat, gasp for breath and pray that I can astrally project my consciousness out of my body for the next 20 minutes.

For all this, I only burn about 160-180 calories.

Check out what 200 calories looks like. It's a half a bagel or two dinner rolls! Hell, 160 calories is one can of soda (if I decided not to drink diet... which I wouldn't... but that's not the point!). The point is that it's really a little discouraging. My waking up early, sweating and panting can all be for nothing SO easily. How am I supposed to lose weight?

I guess that over time my body will get more capable of running for longer periods of time or increasing the resistance. It's possible that so far I've lost one pound, but it's really hard to see the small notches on the scale, so I could be imagining it.

I'd really just like to look damn hot in a bikini before I get old...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I am so there with you!

It is more helpful if you don't look at what you burn as a literal translation. Working out gets all your systems in your body functioning more effeciantly: You build up muscle, you burn more calories sitting on your butt!

Seriously, it is a pain and slow, but I am determined to say that I am "In shape" once in my life.

I love that you are in the same boat as me. Having people that understand is always helpful.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home