• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

 

Is it bad that I'm tempted to make every title some kind of groan or 'case of the Mondays' type phrase?

I couldn't write or read anything yesterday for fear that someone would reveal the ending of The Sopranos series finale before I had a chance to watch it.  When I did watch it last night, maybe I wish that someone had ruined it for me.  It was disappointing, but not too disappointing... I think I'd already accepted that that show never gives you exactly what you want. 

My weekend went pretty well.  My mom freaked out, of course, because I had asked four people to come over to the house.  Now that I look back on it, I don't know what I was thinking.  I should have known better than to have people over.  The cookout food was delicious, Knocked Up was hilarious (I'm doing really well with movie luck lately between Waitress and Knocked Up ), and I got some great birthday gifts (including a nifty green Ipod Nano).  Yesterday on the walk to work it was fun to watch people march to the song coming from my Ipod.  It put me in my own little world... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Maggie is getting mixed reviews.  Saturday she was really strange.  She kept shaking if I talked to her, hiding, and generally looking terrified.  She wouldn't get up to even eat and she wasn't interested in treats.  She seems especially terrified of my dad.  Sunday my dad went fishing (who knows if that has anything to do with it) and she was much, much better.  She didn't shake, she came to me once when I called her, she took treats, and she even licked my face.  She didn't seem this terrified the first week my parents had her.  I can't explain what the problem is.  Clearly it's going to take her a while before she gets comfortable, and I hope my parents have the patience not to give up too soon.

I've been feeling REALLY down on my job lately.  I'm the only female here until 40, which wouldn't be a problem except that everyone else is a young guy fresh out of the frat house.  This is their first job.  They don't know how to talk to people in a business setting.  Sometimes I wonder how this company even runs.  I can't go into detail about them or my boss, of course, but I don't think it's an optimal setting for me.  Unfortunately though if I tried to find another job I would probably only be there for less than a year before I left for grad school.  It probably doesn't look good on my resume to be at a job for that short a period of time (especially after having left law school), plus I would probably cost that company money with all the training a new person requires.  Boyfriend says that's still not a good reason for me to stay at my current job... but I'm not so sure. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

OH, I don't know about that. I think that people change jobs for all sorts of reasons. As long as you don't have a heavy history of short term employment you should be fine.

Job satisfaction is worth A LOT.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

I don't have much history yet, so it could be construed as a heavy history of short term employment.. unless going back to school erases that stuff. I just don't know!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home