• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

Where's the Party?


I don't know that I appreciate the sass of this article in the Metro Express today:

AH, AUTUMN. WHEN the air develops a still, calming chill, the leaves ignite in quiet fireworks and people combine pumpkin with every edible substance on the planet. This morning, as we enjoyed a plate of pumpkin pancakes, Pumpkin-Os cereal, a cup of pumpkin yoghurt and a grande pumpkin-spice latte from Starbucks, we were thinking: Wouldn't it be nice to make something seasonal for dinner? Perhaps with pumpkin? With some nice pumpkin pie with pumpkin ice cream for dessert? Apparently, as Yahoo notes, we aren't the only ones.
ยป "30 ways to eat a pumpkin." [Yahoo! Buzz Log]

What's wrong with a little seasonal cheer? I will, of course, be browsing the recipes later.

So, what do you do for Halloween when you don't have kids, you're not in school, and you live in an apartment? I don't believe we'll be getting any trick-or-treaters. The boyfriend knows someone who is having a Halloween party, but I don't know them. And I'm not sure that it would be my kind of Halloween party. I'd like decorations, good friends, and good food; I believe this party will be sketchy area, strangers, and slutty costumes.

I'm not even sure if I should try to figure out a Halloween costume because I don't have any plans yet. But just from looking around for ideas it's pretty clear that all a female costume requires is something low cut in the chest and barely covers your ass. As "Mean Girls" so aptly put it:

In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut, and no other girls can say anything about it. The hardcore girls just wear lingerie and some form of animal ears."

I don't know if I've ever been something "sexy" for Halloween. Most recently I've been Luigi (my roommate was Mario) and Artie - the strongest man in the world (from The Adventures of Pete and Pete, my roommate was little Pete, but I just got mistaken for Where's Waldo a lot). Maybe now is my chance to get sexy and go buy a corset and a set of fangs...

What do you do for Halloween?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home