• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Friday, October 06, 2006

 

Apologies, Explanations, Obsessions


Sorry, Internet, I haven't felt very Bloggery lately. I've been in a funk this week. And I'm sure you know what that is like.

A few things probably contributed to my funk:

a) My tense, uneasy feelings about work. These feelings mostly revolve around my boss, the uncomfortable atmosphere in the office because most people really don't care for the boss and have no qualms about making it known, and me thinking that I'm not really working to potential.

b) And on that note, my constant confusion about the future. At least in law school I looked forward to the end of law school. I was feeling like I had nothing to look forward to, that I could just stay in this job, or even in this smallish apt without ever finally being able to have a pup, forever.

c) Boyfriend had meetings and things that kept him from coming home pretty late every night this week. That may not seem like a huge deal, but when you're in a funk and you're making dinner for 1 every night it just gets increasingly depressing.


I am slowly emerging from the funk now. I realize a) is something that I can't change, but I'll have to change my attitude towards it. I can't let it affect me so much. I need to stay positive. And similarly towards b), I need to constantly remind myself that this isn't forever. It's probably for at most two years. I have so many things to look forward to, just because I don't have a date where I can put it on my calendar and make count-downs doesn't mean that it's any less real or definite.

So, hopefully I've explained my recent suck-blogging. It may not be gone all the way, what can I say? However I did get paid yesterday, and since I'm weak when it comes to Williams-Sonoma, as you very well know, I may have to crumble and buy my latest obsession.

What will those brilliant people think of next!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

You and your culinary thingy's make me laugh.

I had a gorgous set of fall leaf molds. Never used it, but DAMN it was pretty.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home