• mallorean
  • stiff"
  • pledged"
  • Buffy"

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Yeah, I'm ribald.


My journey into the enormous world of bloggers has left me thinking... Holy hell! I want an awesome looking blog, too!

I see my impossibly long list of goals for the summer already growing unmanageable. That's right, the list has taken over. I know we all have to start somewhere. You can't go from no blog to super fabulous blog on the first day (don't disagree with me, or I will be very crestfallen).

Things working against me:

TIME - I simply have no time to work on layout, templates, banners, etc. until after exams (this is the point where you cackle at me and say, "HA! If your final law school exams were that important to you, you wouldn't have been dicking around ALL SEMESTER! Nice try, asshole!" Fine, you win this round.)

MONEY - It seems that most of you fancy bloggers have your own domain name. That's great, really. And I'm sure you make sacrifices to pay for that blog... and if I really wanted it I would make the sacrifice too, right? Well, no. If you have read this blog at all, then you know that I will very shortly be plunging into a black hole of debt. I'll probably die in there and won't even have a blog at all, let alone a fancy blog with a personal domain name and sassy banners.
My banner will have to look something like this: [NOTE: I tried to include an image I made... It had a black hole with money and myself being sucked into it. And George W. Bush laughing at me... it seems appropriate that that is what he would do. Besides, it's always cool to hate on the President, and that's about as sassy as I can hope to get. Blogger, however, just kept refreshing and I could not load my image. I'm taking this as a direct attack, Blogger.]

TALENT - Okay, I actually own photoshop. Maybe every now and then I can make something that looks decent. But this is decent compared to people who don't know how to sign on the internet. Some people out there are just amazing. Like this and/or this. It's a visual fiesta. I want it, and I can't handle it.

JOB - As in, after May 12 I've got nothing. It's like George Dubs' presidency, any way you look at it you're just fuckin screwed. (Again, notice awesome jab at the President)

SQUIRREL FACTOR - Making the jump towards that kind of high profile blog is a serious business. It's not like you're Paris Hilton or George Dubs; some modicum amount of talent or skill is expected!

That all being said, stay tuned for a new design this summer... possibly... maybe... it could happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

If you need some help with improving your BLOG, visit my Finding Your Inner Blog BLOG.

Also, it doesn't take a lot of money to Build A Better BLOG.

Happy Blogging and Stay Gold!

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home